HoD Message – Applied Science
It is a distinct honor for me to render my services as Head for Department of Applied Science. The Applied Science Department is an allied department in BBDITM, Lucknow which serves as a bedrock for the engineering department of the institute. The department functions with the aim of enhancing students’ knowledge and contribute in the development of the society at large domain.
The department aims to provide the sound knowledge (both theoretical and practical) on the basis of the basic courses of the Applied Sciences which lay the foundation of different branches of Engineering and Technology. The department offers excellent academic atmosphere with a team of highly qualified faculty members to cater the needs of the students and to encourage them to develop their technical skills.
HOD Applied Science
1. Class Presentations: Class presentations with the help of power point presentations & visual aids (posters and charts) helps the students to improve their present ability, knowledge, communication and creativity.
2. Assignments: Assignments are submitted by students on contemporary issues like TQM, JIT, Six sigma, relevance of trade unions, inflation financial planning, pollution, stress management etc. The assignments are detailed theoretical and analytical study which sharpens the skills and enhance the knowledge of students.
3. Quizzes: Class discussions and case studies are a regular feature of teaching methodology through which students sharpen their conceptual and analytical abilities.
4. Group Discussions:
- Group Discussion, as the name itself indicates, is a group activity carried out by participating individuals. It is an exchange of ideas among the individuals of a group on a specific topic.
- It is used as reliable, testing device – mainly as a tool to assess all the candidates in a group at one go -in order to select the best in comparative perspective.
- Group Discussion is an informal discussion in which participants of the same educational standard discuss a topic of current interest.
- It is also known as leaderless discussion. It means its aim is to find out the natural leadership level of the candidates. Strictly speaking, no one from the group or outside will be officially designated as leader or president or chairman or anything of the sort. Even the examiner or supervisor who launches the discussion will retire to the background. No one will participate or intervene in the deliberations of the group.