PEO, PO, PSO
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The outgoing professionals will be able to
- PEO1: To become a technically qualified engineer to address complex problems and should be able to use learned skills in engineering careers.
- PEO2 To maintain and enhance professional competence by analyzing and acquiring the new knowledge and refining skills.
- PEO3 To solve the technical problems by fulfilling the needs of society by using the engineering principles, tools and practices in an advanced, ethical and responsible manner.
- PEO4 To demonstrate the leadership qualities and skills in the workplace and to function professionally in a globally competitive world.
Programme Outcomes (PO):
- PO1: Engineering knowledge Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usageCreate, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society Apply reasoning in formed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and teamwork Function effectively as an individual, and as a member orleader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and financeDemonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learningRecognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO 1: 1. Apply fundamental knowledge to identify, formulate, design and investigate various problems of electrical and electronic circuits, power electronics, and power systems.
- PSO 2: 2. Apply modern software tools for design, simulation and analysis of electrical systems to engage in life- long learning and to successfully adapt in multi disciplinary environments.
- PSO 2: 3. Solve ethically and professionally various Electrical Engineering problems in societal and environmental context and communicate effectively.
Error: Contact form not found.