Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation among all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs. A network of IICs are established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campuses. MIC has established Institution’s Innovation Council in more than 3500 Institutions till November 2021
MIC will focus on creating complete ecosystem which will foster the culture of Innovation across all educational institutions from ideas generation to pre-incubation, incubation and graduating from the incubator as successful start-ups. MIC will also work on designing ranking system to identify institutions in the forefront of innovation.
Ministry of Education has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell’ with the mandate to work closely with our Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to encourage the creative energy of our student population to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures.
|S. No||Name of Member||Key Role in IIC||Department|
|1||Dr. Preeti Mishra||President of IIC||MBA|
|2||Mr. Saurabh Saxena (External)||Vice-president of IIC||External (AHODS Technologies)|
|3||Dr. Abhimanyu Kumar Yadav||Convener of IIC||EC|
|4||Dr. Supriya Phurailatpam||NIRF Coordinator||CE|
|5||Ms. Aishwarya Nigam||Start-Up Coordinator||MBA|
|6||Mr. Ashirwad Dubey||Internship Coordinator||EE|
|7||Mr. Rudrendra Bahadur Singh||IPR Activity Coordinator||CSE|
|8||Dr. Neha Pandey||Social Media Coordinator||HU|
|9||Prof. Shivam Dixit||NISP Coordinator||CSE|
|10||Ms. Neha Gupta||ARIIA Coordinator||ME|
|11||Dr Meetu Pandey||Innovation Coordinator||MBA|
IIC Advisory council
- Saurabh Mohan Saxena, Director ,Global Managing , AHODS Technologies
- Dr Madhusudan Pal , Scientist-‘F’ , Additional Director , Defense Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences (DIPAS) Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO) ,Min. of Defence, Lucknow Road,
- Mr K.P. Singh , President ,Laghu Udyog Bharti.
- Dr Sanjay Kumar , mentor of MSH Start-Up hub under Meity , Work experience of setting Up of Incubation centres abroad
- Mr Ranjeew Tiwari (IIT-BHU) successful Entrepreneur Founder of ‘OJOY’ chain of supermarket.
- Mr Akhilesh Shukla , IIM Lucknow Alumni Free lancer in Entrepreneurship and Start- Up consultancy
- Dr Pragya Singh , Associate Professor IIIT – Allahabad
- Mr Nitin Lahoti, Manager Innovation Management, RKVY RAFTAA,CCS, National Institute of Agricultural Marketing Jaipur
- Mr Manish Kothari,CEO, Rhino Gujarat
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability among students.
Function of IIC
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
IIC 2021-2022 (IIC 4.0)
About IIC 4.0
IICs is a faculty-experts-student council which takes on multiple activities to promote Innovation and Entrepreneurship round the year. IIC’s objective is to prepare the students with skills like critical thinking, Design Thinking, Innovative thought process and Entrepreneurial mindset.
IIC 4.0 is an upgraded version of IIC 1.0 IIC 2.0 & IIC3.0. Many features regarding monitoring & submission of reports, assessment criteria, star scheme, type of activities etc. have been added on IIC portal. IIC 3.0 is more comprehensive and will be able to establish a strong ecosystem of innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship in HEIs.
- Semester Based Approach for Preparing and Advising Annual Calendar Plan for IICs.
- Learning Modules for the Activities scheduled as part of IIC Annual Calendar.
- Self-Driven and MIC Driven Activities and Differential weightage/ scoring system for each type of activity category.
- Report submission and evaluation by MIC on Quarterly Basis.
- Introduction of New Scoring Mechanism for Rating & Quarterly Rating System.
- Introduction of Semester Based Activities
- Advising Annual Calendar Plan for IICs
- Prescribe Learning Modules for the activities along with the Annual Calendar Plan.
- Accommodate Self Driven and MIC Driven Activities .
- Based on IIC Calendar Plan(50%) Self Driven Activities conducted by IICs/Institute(30%) and MIC Driven Activities(20%).
- Capturing IICs Activities on Monthly Basis and Report Generation on Quarterly Basis.
- Introduction of New Scoring Mechanism – Incentive System.
IIC Event are organized under Three categories
- IIC Calendar Based (Schedule provided by MIC)
- Self- Driven Activity (Organized by Institute on its own)
- MIC (Ministry of Education Innovation Cell)
- IIC Celebration Calendar (Provided by MIC)