Student Counselling Cell
- Student Counselling Cell aims to help students become self-aware and reach their highest potential while dealing with anxiety and stress
- To help the students in solving their personal, educational, social as well as psychological problems.
- Provide various comprehensive psychological services to students and resolve their emotional, behavioral, academic, and social issues.
- To create awareness about issues and problems related to mental health of student
- To motivate faculty in counselling activities.
- The office of Counselling led by Student Counsellor provides a confidential atmosphere in which the students can explore any topic or situation and discuss any concerns thy may have.
Roles and Responsibility
- Solve personal problems of student by conducting individual counselling session
- Boost self-esteem of weaker /physically challenged students.
- Diagnose the learning difficulties of students and help them to overcome the same.
- Help the students to overcome examination stress or fear.
- Conduct seminars for students on mental health and addiction issues.
- Refer the students to professional psychiatrics or counsellors in severe cases.
- Inform the parents about psychological misbehaviour of the student.
Mechanism of Committee
- The students referred to the Students Counseling Cell through the office of Director-BBDITM, Dean Students Welfare and Students grievances cell will be addressed by the committee.
- The Committee members upon interaction with the students to be counseled will take up the task within the committee first.
- If required the professional counselors from amongst the various institutes/colleges in and around the nearby vicinity will be approached for assistance.
- Incase medical help required parents/guardians of the students will be approached/ contacted to take care of their ward.
Dr. Shivangee Tiwari
Convener, Student Counselling Cell