Women Empowerment Action Group (WEAG)
Department of Management, BBDITM established WEAG (Women Empowerment Action Group-Empowering Nation) to empower women and help them in all walks of life.This cell works at institute level. The group has both the faculty and students at the College as its members and works with an aim to create a gender sensitized civic within the campus as well as in the society. WEAG established with an aim to organize diverse academic, entrepreneurial, technical, medical, cultural, and social events for the upliftment of women and spread the real importance of gender equality in the society through the College faculties & students.
“To become a leading institute of providing professionally competent and socially responsive technocrats with high moral values”
- To create an eco-system for dissemination of technical knowledge, to achieve academic excellence.
- To develop technocrats with creative skills and leadership qualities, to serve local and global challenges.
- To impart human values and ethics in students, to make them socially and Eco-friendly responsible.
Objectives of the cell
- Identification of strong leadership and change makers and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality towards female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for women to be personally, psychologically, socially & financiallyempowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To involve MBA students of the department to interact with rural and urban women who lack formal education and identify projects suitable for up gradation using technology.
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To help the self-help group women to get financial support by identifying the sources.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job providers” rather than “job takers”.
- To collaborate with different NGO, Government organizations, Charitable Societies to provide a platform for sharing valuable information & resources.
- Dr. S.S. Chauhan, Director, BBDITM-Chairman
- Dr. Manish Singh, Head, Department of Management, BBDITM-Chief Coordinator
- Dr. Shivangee Tiwari, Department of Management, Assistant Professor, BBDITM- Convener and Coordinator
- Dr. Meetu Pandey, Associate Professor, Department of Management, BBDITM-Member
- Dr. Preeti Mishra, Associate Professor, Department of Management, BBDITM-Member
- Ms. Aishwarya Nigam, Assistant Professor, Department of Management, BBDITM-Member
- Prof. Kumar Ratnam, Member Secretary, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Dr. Sushim Dubey, Professor, Department of Philosophy, Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (Deemed to be University), Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Ms. Mamta Chauhan, Associate Faculty, Institute of Entrepreneurship Development U.P. MSME & Export Promotion, Government of U.P., India
- Prof. Kaustav Majumdar, Adviser & Member, Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Adviser & Mentor, IIM Calcutta, Chief Executive, ILS Network & Alumnus, London Business School, India
- Prof. Chetan Singai, Deputy Director, Ramaiah Public Policy Center, Bengaluru
- Mr. Sandeep Dwivedi, Executive Member, Vigyan Bharti, Awadh Prant, Uttar Pradesh, India
Student Interns Cell
- MitaliKesharwani-Head Student
- Palak Gupta-Head Student
- Aashana- Newsletter Incharge
- Aditi Amit-Women Help Desk
- Mansi Mohanan-Women Help Desk
- Vidhi Gupta- Social Media Coordinator
- Nimish Gupta-Social Media Coordinator
- Brian Anthony-Social Media Coordinator
The cell will periodically organize various programs for empowering women:
- Different awareness programs to make aware women towards their rights.
- Entrepreneurial Training Programs
- Yoga Training program is also one of the major initiatives of this cell.
- Awareness program for how to procure funds from MSME, NABARD & SIDBI for budding women entrepreneurs.
- Awareness program to make aware women from different health issues.
- Seminar/Workshop will be conducted on every woman’s day.
- FDP on Entrepreneurship and Incubation.
- Cell will organize a capacity building programmes for improving professional excellence in a respective domain.
- Cell will also conduct practical training sessions in collaboration with industrial experts.
- Resource acquisition & allocation initiatives toward women empowerment.
- Cell will also organize self-defense training workshops for women especially young girls.