Women Empowerment Action Group (WEAG)
About the WEAG
BBDITM under BBD Educational Grouphas established WEAG (Women Empowerment Action Group-Empowering Our Nation) to empower women and help them in all walks of life.This cell works at institute level. The group has both the faculty and students atthe College as its members and works with an aim to create a gender sensitized civic within the campus as well as in the society. WEAG established with an aim to organize diverse academic, entrepreneurial, technical, medical, cultural, and social events for the upliftment of women and spread the real importance of gender equality in the society through the College faculties &students.
To envisages a future where women empowerment is no more a goal. Guarantee of reasonableness and justice in society to women by extending psychological, social, academic, financial, entrepreneurial, and moral support.
- To create awareness of the Women Rights and to empower Women.
- To help and support budding women entrepreneurs by making them aware about different government projects.
- To encourage female community to be self-reliant and economically independent.
- To Eliminate the ingrained myths of gender bias and discrimination.
- To conduct training & development activities for empowering women entrepreneurs.
Objectives of the Cell
- Identification of strong leadership, change makers and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality towards female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for women to be personally, psychologically, socially & financiallyempowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To involve students of the department to interact with rural and urban women who lack formal education and identify projects suitable for up gradation using technology.
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To help the self-help group women to get financial support by identifying the sources.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job providers” rather than “job takers”.
- To collaborate with different NGO, Government organizations, Charitable Societies to provide a platform for sharing valuable information & resources.
- Dr. S.S. Chauhan, Director, BBDITM-Chairman
- Ms. Sonakshi Das, Vice-Chairman, WEAG
- Dr. Shivangee Tiwari- Chief Coordinator WEAG
- Dr. Meetu Pandey, BBDITM-Co-Coordinator
- Dr. Preeti Mishra, Professor, Convener IIC, -Member
- Ms. Smiley Gandhi, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, BBDITM
- Ms. Neha Gupta, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, BBDITM
- Prof. Kumar Ratnam, Member Secretary, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Dr. Sushim Dubey, Professor, Department of Philosophy, Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (Deemed to be University), Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- Ms. Mamta Chauhan, Associate Faculty, Institute of Entrepreneurship Development U.P. MSME & Export Promotion, Government of U.P., India
- Prof. Kaustav Majumdar, Adviser & Member, Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Adviser & Mentor, IIM Calcutta, Chief Executive, ILS Network & Alumnus, London Business School, India
- Prof. Chetan Singai, Deputy Director, Ramaiah Public Policy Center, Bengaluru
- Mr. Sandeep Dwivedi, Executive Member, Vigyan Bharti, Awadh Prant, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Mr. Shashank Srivastava, Advocate, High Court-Legal Adviser WEAG
- Dr. Pooja Singh, Head of the Department, Department of Humanities, BBDITM
- Dr. Pooja Bhatia, Advocate, High Court and Head Department of Management External Member
Our Student Interns
|S.l. No.||Name of the Student||Designation|
|1||Ms. Pragati Rai||President|
|2||Mr. Suryansh Singh||Vice-President|
|3||Mr. Deep Narayan||General Secretary|
|4||Ms. Vaibhavi Srivastava||Newsletter Manager (Hindi)|
|5||Ms. Prerana Singh||Newsletter Manager (English)|
|6||Ms. Shreya Srivastava||Cultural Manager|
|7||Mr. Abhishek Shukla||Cultural Manager|
|8||Ms. Saman Zubair||Cultural Manager|
|9||Mr. Arpit Singh||Finance Manager|
|10||Mr. Shreyansh Mishra||Social Media Manager|
|11||Mr. Piyush Agarwal||Social Media Manager|
|12||Mr. Varun Verma||Social Media Manager|
|13||Mr. Ayush Shukla||Press and Media Manager|
|14||Mr. Varun Verma||Press and Media Manager|
|15||Mr. Mashroof Ahmad||Press and Media Manager|
|16||Mr. Varun Srivastava||Fund Manager|
|17||Ms. Megha Bhandari||WEAG Magazine Editor|
|18||Mr. Kshitiz Singh Chauhan||WEAG Magazine Editor|
|19||Ms. Subhangi Rathore||WEAG Magazine Editor|
|20||Mr. Brahmajot Singh||WEAG Magazine Editor|
Website:Weag.org.in Email: Weag@bbdnitm.ac.in, firstname.lastname@example.org
The cell will periodically organize various programs for empowering women:
- Different awareness programs to make aware women towards their rights.
- Entrepreneurial Training Programs
- Yoga Training program is also one of the major initiatives of this cell.
- Awareness program for how to procure funds from MSME, NABARD & SIDBI for budding women entrepreneurs.
- Awareness program to make aware women from different health issues.
- Seminar/Workshop will be conducted on every woman’s day.
- FDP on Entrepreneurship and Incubation.
- Cell will organize a capacity building programmes for improving professional excellence in a respective domain.
- Resource acquisition & allocation initiatives toward women empowerment.
- Cell will also organize self-defense training workshops for women especially young girls.
In case of any query or issues please Contact.
Dr. Shivangi Tiwari
Chief Coordinator WEAG, BBDITM
Email : email@example.com